How do get your hubby to pick his own stuff up?

I have been married for almost a year, but my hubby never picks up after himself. He is a wonderful man, but with this one major fault he has. lol. He always says he is sorry and he will get to them, but he never does. We both work full-time, so its not like he works more then I do, there has been many times I work more then he did.

Any advice about getting him to pick up after himself?

Devilsfoodcake

Asked by Devilsfoodcake at 2:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• LOL Stop putting out. IDK, when you figure it out, let us all know.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have no idea. I've been married 22 years, and if you figure out how, will you please let me know?! LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Start bagging up whatever he leaves around. Clothing,bag up and hide until he realizes he's running low and understands why. A friend of mine once stacked up all her roomie's dishes and put them on her bed to get her to do them. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 2:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I just start kicking it into a pile in the corner of the room, everything. Shoes, clothes, game controller. And when he asks me where his stuff is, I point to his pile. And when he gets over there I say, "while you're over there, can you put your stuff away?" He gives me this look, and then starts to do it.
    Works for me!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have no idea after 8 years of marriage I have no figured it out.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• COOKING & CLEANING Pictures, Images and Photos

Just don't do it...lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Do not pick it up yourself. I like the idea of kicking it into a pile in the corner. After a while, if he can't find things and/or has no clean clothes left to wear, perhaps he will get the hint. (Or not!)
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I agree with all the ladies.. Sopt picking up after him.. I know its easier said than done. I been with my BF for almos 4 years. he is LAZY!!! I hate doing laundry all the time. and ask him to switch it while at work. well i get home and its been forgotten!! really!?!? I left his clothes in the corner for 3-4 days and i couldnt take it anymore.. i did them. but amazingly.... when he hears me take trash out of trash barrel, he gets up and takes it out for me about 90% of the time.. lol.. good luck... ive tried askin him and he said "im a guy, im lazy"
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 3:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I told my hubs that I am not his mom, I am not his maid, and that I will not pick up after him. Example- his dirty laundry-- if he leaves his clothes on the bedroom floor-- I leave them there for him to either pick up and put in the hamper or for him to take downstairs and wash himself. He knows where the hamper is, and I told him that I will only wash things that are in the hamper- I won't pick up his dirty clothes. As for his dishes and other 'clutter' I let it sit. If it is in my way then I will bag it up and then dump the bag in HIS chair or at HIS computer and then HE has to deal with it and move it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Honestly, I don't pick up after anyone but myself. My kids are almost 6 and 3 and are completely old enough to put their things where they go. So if my 5 and 2 year old can do it then my 25 year old honey can do it/. And he does. I told him that I'm the mother of 2 when we got together and I'm not adopting him. I do his laundry and keep his house clean other than that... I'm NOT picking up his clothes, shoes, coats, or putting dirty dishes where they go. He's a big boy and he knows that if his clothes are dirty they better be in the hamper or they won't get washed. lol That's just me. Maybe you should stop putting out or don't wash his clothes if they aren't in a certain spoit. Good luck!!
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010