renting a breast pump

i heard u can rent them from the hospital. anyone know how much they rent for etc? and what kind of breast milk storage containers did you use. thank you

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I rented. The hospital gives you the parts you put on your breasts, tubes and all that. The pharmacy (in the state we were in) gives you the mechanical part. I used cheep zip lock baggies to freeze milk in. Just write the date on the bag with a perm marker before dumping the milk in. Lay them flat in the freezer to freeze.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• oh, it was 30 or 35 a month i beleive.
    2BlondeBabies

• If they don't have any to rent sometimes WIC rents them out too. I don't know how much it is to rent one, I got mine from WIC and they didn't charge me I just had to sign a paper that said I would return it when I was done or risk loosing my WIC help.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It may be better for you to buy depending on how long you plan on pumping. My lo stopped nursing when I started working, liked the bottle better I guess so I exclusively pump. It can be expensive and depending on how long you are going to do it, it may end up costing about the same. Medela, the best pumps and one I own cost around $200. And Babies R Us always have coupons out for 15% off! Good to have if you plan on having more babies! :)
    Jessicabartlett

Answer by Jessicabartlett at 4:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I don't remember exactly but I DO remember that I rented through my LLL leader, who is an LC, and her fee for 1 month was just a little more the what the hospital charged per WEEK.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• over here in Louisiana WIC gives you one to keep
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• My hospital rented them for around $50/month. Do you have health insurance? You should check with your ob/gyn or your pediatrician and see if they will write you a prescription for a breast pump. I got one covered 100% by my insurance. It's an Aveda Simply Yours double electric pump. My ob/gyn wrote me a prescription for it with a diagnosis of "difficulty feeding".
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2010