I am 2 months preggo, is it to early to start buying for the baby?

I went shopping today, bought a lot of baby stuff, they where neutral colors. My mil said it was ok, but my hubby says I should have waited. He said we never know what is going to happen, that we should just wait couple of months. Like I really want to hear that I might not carry the pregnancy full term.

Devilsfoodcake

Asked by Devilsfoodcake at 2:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's a hard truth, but it is a possibility. I'm 22 weeks, and still hesitant to buy a ton of stuff, but we had a lot of complications with my first son...so I'm cautious.

With my first DS, I bought stuff whenever I found it, after I found out I was pregnant. If you don't wind up using it, there are always other children who might. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 2:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I bought some onsesies and little socks right after I found out I was pregnant both times.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I've always heard its bad luck to buy in your first trimester. I've also heard your suppose to wait until you know the sex of the baby but it your baby and your money. Are you going to be comfortable putting a little girl or boy in a lot of yellow and green?
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think after 3 months you can when your in the safe zone. I havent had to buy many clothes for my boys as they have an aunty in aussie and a grandma who buy them almost everything they need.
    vleigh

Answer by vleigh at 2:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I say if u want to buy it buy it. When i was pregnant with my 2nd child i had a feeling it was gonna be a girl so i went out and started buying pink and lavender little clothes and things and even had a name picked out lol to my luck it was a girl! and now 5yrs later here i am pregnant again and when i was 2 months along i bought blue and green little outfits and picked out a boys name cuz i had my gut feeliing once again and its a boy!
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I usually wait until I know what it is before I start buying but if you want to there's no law that says you can't. We didn't know what our second one was until she was born because she wouldn't behave at the ultra sound but I had a feeling she was a girl so we bought girl stuff.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• yes after 3 months you should be ok. I would wait to find out
    what you having before you do a babies room. good luck.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• ive been hesitant to but untill pretty far along. most times everything goes well but i lost one in my fourth month along time ago and it was so painful to look at everything i bought. i am 4 1/2 months now with a little girl and dying to start shopping but i think i'll wait a bit longer. good luck!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i dont think its too early, but be careful. you are still in that delicate first trimester
    dueweke_j

Answer by dueweke_j at 5:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• god people are in doubt for u! but its never to early to buy for your baby! the day i found out i spent 100 on baby things lol!!
    savanah520

Answer by savanah520 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010