Do most women have the final say on which school their kids go to?

My husband did go to look at  two schools with me but he said he isn't sure which one our daughter should go to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I know that I do.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Since I have sole custody, I do.

But even when we were married, it was still up to me. If he had his way, she would be in a school that last year the senior class was less than 20 students. IMO, when they are in a school that small, they don't have to compete for positions since if everyone doesn't play, they don't have enough for a team (sports). And, the school he wanted her to go too, when they graduate,they still have to take more remedial classes just to get up to college speed.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• sounds like he's looking for your opinion.- seems like a lot of guys look to us to make the final decision
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have sole custody and if you are not paying tuition or helping me.. I have sole decision making!
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I depends. My kids go to public schools, I cna request they go to a different one, although those are not always granted. Usually you go to the school in your district. If you are going to a private school then yes you would be able to choose which ever one you want.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I do, but I really didn't have much choice - we only have public schools in this county.
    When it comes to our kids, I have always made the final decisions on daycare, education, etc.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My husband and I make the final decisions on anything with our son. We both visited his preschool and decided this was it. We both visited 15 preschools before deciding on the one he goes to know.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My kids go to public school and they go to the schools in our district.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• since you are together it should be a family decision. Hey at least he cares and does not think since your the mom you deal with it.
    Leeli12410

Answer by Leeli12410 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It depends. If its you and your husband's child than you should come to an agreement together. If your husband has a child with someone else than its up to the child's mom and your husband to decide which school is best.
    Queen2245

Answer by Queen2245 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010