Needs some help with my little one sleeping on her own...

Big mistake by having her sleep in the same room as me, also putting her to sleep with me...over the last week and a half I have been putting her in her crib in her bedroom to sleep on her own, she cried and cried the first few nights the 3rd night got much better! now that christmas is right around the corner we have been out last min. shopping and she has gotten off of her regular routine of getting to sleep on her own since she has been out with us! now what to do, last night she cried and cried finally after so long just brought her into the bedroom and let her sleep in the pack and play by us.

audrey10303

Asked by audrey10303 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let her cry it out, go in there every 10 minutes of crying to try to calm her down and put her down again until she goes to sleep. she wont stay up all night she will fall asleep eventually. the key is to do it consistently and not put her into bed with you. try keeping her on a sleeping schedule as much as you can. GOOD LUCK!!!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• be strong, she will go to sleep on her own in her bed, You have to stick to the schedule too.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 3:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have been doing the whole going in there every ten mins to give her a pacifier & let her know that I am still there, but when i do she gets MORE mad and crys even more! its so sad!
    audrey10303

Comment by audrey10303 (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Audrey, you should know you have made no mistakes. You've done what needed to be done. She will sleep better on her own when SHE is good and ready. Has nothing at all to do with what you might want, unfortunately. Indeed, 99% of the parenting experience will have utterly nothing to do with what you want! (They don't tell anyone that.... we'd refuse to reproduce otherwise!)

On drjaygordon.com you will find THE BEST thing EVER written on how to transition baby from the family bed. No screaming involved. Search the site for "sleep pattern."

Answer by gdiamante at 3:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Does she have a pet? My dd had a dog that slept in her room, that was the only way that she felt safe.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I was going to give advice from my older kids when little,....but since I parent differently now and myLO just turned 5 yrs old, though he started in crib in my room then his own room, he got scarred/sorta trauma once at his relatives and every since I just let him sleep with me, I ask him if he wants to go back to his own bed,he doesnt, I feel when he wants to then he will but Im a mom after raising a few and know this is my last, I am divorced and No one is coming over to sleep in my bed with me except my LO so I dont have issues, in fact he has always been my perfect excuse cause I need to be home at night with him and he is only one allowed in my bed with me, -well more recently th edog can sleep at end of bed too.
    I dont care what parenting advisors say, my son feels safe/secure and when he wants to sleep alone he will choose that.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 12:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2010