False positive??

I took 3 rite aide brind tests. @ last night and 1 this morn. 1st, positive, 2nd negitive, 3rd iffy background never really cleared to white. :/
Anyone ever had a false pos?
I went to the doc this afternoon and had blood work done so we will see. Just looking for isight from other mama's in the mean time.
Thanks!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• False positives are not very common.... but early on tests will vary because levels are not very high... but blood will tell for sure, good luck!

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I've never had a false negative, but I can tell you that unless you are taking certain hormone meds you can NOT get a false positive. The other two tests that were negative could have either been duds or your urine might have been diluted. Keep us posted.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• no never had that issue but good luck and hope it was not a false +
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Nope, the only way it tests positive is if the hormone is present! :) WOOHOO!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 3:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would say a false positive is unheard of. I would go take a blood test at your doctors.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If you took two in one day, the second would have lower levels of HGH detected since HGH is most concentrated in the morning and lessens with each subsequent urination. That's probably why the second was negative. Perhaps the 3rd was a dud. I'd put my money on your being pregnant. I hope that's what you were hoping for!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• :/ Not hoping for preggers. I have a wonderful 7 yr old boy and my bf has a 7 yr old girl. Wasn't planning on anymore.
    We will see....
    On a bit of an emotional roller coaster waiting....
    mommymeg03

Comment by mommymeg03 (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Blood test was Neg!
    mommymeg03

Comment by mommymeg03 (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2010