would i be a bad mom if...

... I sent my kindergartener to school with holes in the knees of his pants? Would they even let me?..lol. Every single pair has holes in the knees... I know there are those iron on patches.. tried them before and he wears through them too.... this kid is a clothes destroyer!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Walmart has jeans for $5.00.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Not a bad mom... but they probably won't allow them lol. I have a seven year old boy that gets new pants often, we have the same problem.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• no not a bad mom..actually I see it as a child who enjoys being a child!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have the exact same problem. My MIL recently told me about a program that Sears offers where if you buy their clothes and they wear out before your child outgrows them then you can exchange them for free. Don't know if they still offer this or not, but it is worth checking out for future purchases.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• No, but if you lived somewhere cold I'd make him wear pj pants underneath them :)
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 3:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think it's the style now. Who cares? Send him.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Depends on how the kid feels about it, since he's the one to really decide if you are ruining his life or not. You got him to school, dressed and if you fed him, and the fact that you care means that no, you are not a bad mom.

Ask your kid what he thinks of the holes in his pants. If he's embarrassed by it, then yes try and find another remedy (knee pads at this point?!), or maybe, just maybe, he thinks they're cool because they're a sign of how hard he plays and he actually feels proud about them like a badge of honor.
    whatthewhat

Answer by whatthewhat at 3:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Haha not a bad mom just a boy being a boy :)
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 3:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Youre not a bad mom, but believe me all the teachers and school staff always talk about kids coming in torn clothes and how their parents are dumb or their house is probably a pig sty and they cant find better. Youre not a bad mom, but people are always talking about it, believe me!!
    Anonymous

• Um....yeah, that wouldn't be appropriate. If your child is that hard on clothes, I would suggest buying them at sears. They have a "kidvantage" program that will replace any clothing or shoe item for free if it wears out before it is outgrown.

If the jeans have holes in them, how would they protect his little knees when being a rambunctious kid?
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2010