Ummm what does it mean when someone tells you that "You have birthing hips."?

Some guy said that to me... When I told my hubby he agreed. Is this a compliment or what? I'm reserving judgement at this point.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 5:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It meansd you have a nice feminine hour glass figure. Take it as a compliment.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 5:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yes, I guess it could be a comment. It means you have "wide" hips, not really big but wide. They used to be called "shild bareing hips" because it is easier for women with wider hips to carry and deliver children. Back in the day that was a huge asset, today it's not such a big deal.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• That you have a wide load?? LOL that's the first thing that came to mind (please don't take offense to that)... I don't know if that would be a compliment or what....I think it would depend on the person and how it was said......
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 5:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Not a big deal at all....some women are built in such a way that it lends itself to "easier" pregnancy and childbirth. It takes a heck of a lot to push that little one out of there. Could definitely be a compliment....it's no way a dis or anything.
    Anonymous

• Well the man was kinda hitting on me when he said it. And yeah... I do have wide load. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2008