Self cleaning litter box...

We tried to teach Lila how to go on the potty but she didn't take to it. I was looking into the ones that scoop after each visit.

Do you have one and do you like it? What brand is it?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pets

• I have a ScoopFree litter box. It took my younger cat about a month to get used to it. I have two cats and have to change it about every week and a half to two weeks.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We used to have one a few years back. It was given to us when we answered an ad for free cats. It's been awhile, not sure what happened to it. Think it was a Litter maid or something like that. It would rake through after the cats used it and deposit the stuff into a small plastic box. The replacement containers can get pricey after awhile, but since you only have one cat it shouldn't fill up as fast. I liked it, but they are fairly pricey.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• So thats is how those work,u throw out the plastic container then buy a new one,wow!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i got one and it wasnt cheap but i figured it would be worth it, however after months of trying my stubborn cat would NOT use it-he just refused to even go to the bathroom at all.....so i went back to the traditional box, actually had to get one in a special size because my big fat cat didnt really fit comfortably in the normal ones! lol
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2010