massage therapist

I have a friend who I gave a gift certificate for a massage. It was with a man and she refused to use it and gave it back. She is married with three kids. I asked her why and she said she would rather have a woman. What would think in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• Some women are not comfortable with any man touching them unless its DH/SO. I understand, I wouldn't mind it but my idiot would throw a livid fit. Maybe that's her situation.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Personal choice. Just like some women only want a female gynecologist, and others want a guy. A massage is a pretty intimate situation, your almost completely naked, and someone runs their hands all over you, so it's good that she's clear about what she needs to be comfortable.
    whatthewhat

Answer by whatthewhat at 4:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• But did she give it back rudely without thanking you for being thoughtful to give a gift in the first place? Because that's a different issue.
    whatthewhat

• She was rather rude. She made it perfectly clear she didn't want it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Some people don't like having massage, she should have been polite about it.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 5:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Umm.. no, doesn't seem rude to me. She was not comfortable having some other man rubbing her skin, and rather than waste your money, she is letting you use it. Would you have rather she trashed the gift certificate? It would have been better if you had just chosen a female massage therapist to begin with.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 5:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010