broken glass (jello) salad?

my Mom was born in 1957 so I guess it's a retro treat. google image it if u aren't familiar! ... have you have had it or made it?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I've had it and made something very similar although I want to say the recipe I had called it, "stained glass jello mold" or something like that. Really yummy.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I've had it, I've made it, it's always been a Christmas tradition - I just realized last year was the first year of my life I didn't have any, and I doubt I will this year either...maybe I'll have to make some for my kids...(My mom was born in '56, lol!)
    Anonymous

• We do not eat Jello because it is an animal by product. The gelatin in it is derived from the hides of animals.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'd never heard of it before, but I followed a link to the Food Librarian and her layered jello just looks so PRETTY! I wonder what it would do with red/green?
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think Ive had it before
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Looks like you just make a bunch of different flavored jello and cut into cube and chunks and drop them into serving bowls. GL
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 11:05 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• never heard of it before
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 11:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2010