Has anyone here ever experienced an orgasmic, pleasurable, or painless birth?

I have been reading up on this a lot lately, and it is so fascinating to me! I am planning on attempting to achieve this during my own labor and delivery, so if you have accomplished this before, what were your secrets to success??

lillys_mommy09

Asked by lillys_mommy09 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If I had an orgasm during labor, I'd probably have more kids!! No...3 kids, pain...no pleasure...But worth every second :)
    nkasmom

Answer by nkasmom at 5:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I wish i experienced that during my labor...I had the worse charley horses with every contraction!!
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My pregnancy was pain/hardship free...went completely smoothly.....the labor was something else entirely. ZERO pleasure. ULTRA pain. A C-Section. And then a baby that was totally worth all of it. But no way did I experience what you are talking about....though I would have liked to. (I had bad charley horses too...yikes!)
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 5:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• 8 births. one painless. all posterior, except #7. I prayed, used optimal fetal positioning techniques (before I knew there was a website for it spinningbabies.com), and avoided the back labor I'd had w/ the other babes. Also had some homeopathy remedy to avoid back labor. Thought it was hokey, but I got it. Wasn't available (moved) for the last one, and that was more normal as one might expect in the range of sensations. gotta feed the critters so cut short. sorry.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 5:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I only wish that was the case...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• The short answer is no. My labor was awful, and I did end up with an epidural for the delivery which helped a ton with the pain, but I still was in pain and there was no orgasm...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• No way!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I didn't but I read a lot about it. For me, the pain was most bearable when I had a focus point. I remember when someone came in the room and stood on my spot... I almost lost it! But other than that, I think it was less painful than others.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I was totally painless. I only had what felt like slight cramping such as you get during PMS, but other than that it was easy. I was actually sleeping when they came rushing in telling me to push because his head was out. They say everyone is different though. My friend had an epidural and she ended up still in more pain in her whole life as she would describe it. I think that is because she had a 10lb baby and she had a 3rd degree tear... Ouch! Anyways, it it possible to be painfree or almost, just depends on your tolerance level I suppose.
    btsmama45

Answer by btsmama45 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• it wasn't exactly a pleasurable experience, but i did my own version of meditation, imagined holding my brand new daughter, and thought lost of happy thoughts. i believe it did help, and i would gladly do the birth 10 times over in one day than go through the pain i felt after delivery! i tore bad so that part wasn't fun. but the birth itself, amazing!

MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 6:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2008