im freaking out about this ultrasound i just had.....!

so i had an ultrasound yesterday and found out im having a girl, however, while everything else looked good-the doc said there is a cyst on her head-omg!!! so i have to go for some tests and ultrasounds at the hospital next week, as a precaution the doc said (so much for a happy holiday!) and im absolutely terrified, shes not even born and already has a problem. if any other moms have gone through this or know anything about it can you please give me some advice?!?

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• First mommy take a deep breathe.
    The doctor just orders extra just to be sure it's okay. I've seen cases like these when working in a doctors office. Most of the time the cyst goes away on its own.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I don't have any advice, sorry, but good luck. I hope everything turns out ok.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Had the same thing happen to me last pregnancy, it is actuaaly fairly common and very rarely a problem. My baby was perfectly healthy, we didn't even do those extra tests but it's understandable if you want to for your own comfort.
    addison960

Answer by addison960 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• He's just playing it safe. Don't freak out til they do some tests. Good luck!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• thanks ladies! mommyoftwo, working in a doctors office, do you happen to know worst case scenario? i will still love her to death even if something is wrong, but am i more likely to lose her if the cyst dosnt go away?
    dez1379

Comment by dez1379 (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I just want you to know that I'll be thinking of you and your baby and hope everything goes well.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I never had to deal with a worse case scenario. Just try not to think about it. If the doctor was more concerned he would have ordered those test stat and be doing something more.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• The doctor should not have said that! I don't think you will loose her because of a cyst. It sounds like something they can remove after she is born. Try not to freak out about it unless this next test says so. Much love and prayer your way!!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 5:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• How far along are you? To just be finding out it's a girl, I imagine you're around 20 weeks or so, right? I've never heard of this type of problem, but I do hope you're in good care and that you stay well informed from now until the time she's born. Congratulations on having her, regardless of what's going on right now. Good luck but don't get too emotionally worked up about it. You don't want her picking up on any negative feelings.
    Ericha19

Answer by Ericha19 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If it does not go away on it's own, they can remove it surgically. She will be fine! It is nothing that will make you lose her.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 7:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2010