PRAYERS, PATIENCE & GUIDANCE.

I had 2 other children with unsuccessful breastfeeding. The first one, I was young and restless. I totally felt that I was a darn cow being milked everyday, so my patience ran out and I stopped breastfeeding. Second child feed so much that it cracked my nipples and even when I used bottle after that my doctor said I had to stop, it was really bad. Now my third child. Well, I am over it. But my husband want me so badly to breastfeed and I have to give a 300% try even though now, I am a working mom doing way more than before. I feel I am going to lose my mind. I am not sure If I will be able to, I told him it's done, it's not going to happen, and he gets so mad.

My children now are perfectly smart happy and fine. What the hell would be the difference if breastfed or not. It's not breastfeeding or not that makes a kid grow up to be good/bad, smart/stupid, bratty/respectful...you understand me? Well. sorry, guess it was more of a vent than a question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• sometimes the decision to breastfeed or not it about the mom's peace of mind and well-being. It sounds like your well-being would not benefit from it so it's not a great idea.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I know what you are going through. When I had my daughter my SO wanted me to breast feed to and I thought yeah I can do it. Shouldn't be a problem. Well when she wouldn't latch and was hungry and not able to eat I went for the formula that was right there next to me and I fed that to her since the nurses at the hospital were giving her bottles (which I am guessing is why she didn't take to my breast) Oh my god he was so mad at me and berated me so bad for it. That just made it harder for me to be able to try agian because I was so upset and nervous because he just thought he HAD to be there the whole time. So it didn't work out for us on that. I am going to give it a go with this baby but who knows what will happen. Good luck and remember that it is your choice on what to do.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thanks angelmine2011. Wishing the best for you. I am afraid the outcome of what he does think of ME. If I can't.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I totally feel you on the 'cow' thing. I didn't breastfeed either of my children duw to that. And they are perfectly healthy. More power to any woman who can bf but I don't see what the difference makes because I have met quite a few kids that have been breastfed and been sick all the time.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Dont beat yourself up. Your kids are fine. Thats all that matters.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't worry to much about what he thinks of you because I learned that all that really matters is what your children think of you. Obviously they love you for just trying. It will be ok if you just want to go straight for the formula or even pump and bottle feed. It is your choice on what you put your body through. You have to be comfortable and happy with your choice for it to really work out for you in the end. Btw my daughters father and I split years ago this time I have a man that doesn't care either way how I choose to feed our son as long as he is getting fed.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 2:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• Thank you ladies for all the wonderful support, have a very Merry Christmas!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i felt like a cow too when i was breastfeeding my son.....my son is smart,happy,healthy,active,and i only breastfed him for maybe 3 months!! he hurt me so bad that i had to stop....then i got engorged but i didnt care,i just wasnt about to try and breastfeed him while i was in pain like that so i bottlefed him.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2010