Is Net Neutrality: Obama’s Way of Saying “ShuddupaYourFace!”?

The Internet is the last true bastion of free and open communication in the world, Unlike the mainstream media, your get to select your ‘point of view” on a particular issue. Broadcast media is highly regulated by the government, phones both wired and cellular are also controlled by the FCC. The internet is the only medium where the government cannot control what is said and how it is said. Without the internet, for example, we would have never known that most of the country was against Obamacare. Without the internet, the nascent movement against the despotic Iranian regime would have been swept under the rug.

Net neutrality being pushed by the FCC as a way to regulate free speech on the internet. In typical political double speak we are being told that neutrality will support internet freedom, but don’t be fooled, net neutrality is designed to move American down the road to the ultimate goal of Government control of internet content.

Net Neutrality would permit the federal government to regulate how Internet service providers (ISPs) manage content and data that travels across their networks. Proponents claim such regulation will ensure all online data is treated equally, but the policy will result in decreased investment in broadband expansion and adoption, increased congestion on the Internet, and will effectively turn our nation’s Internet into a public utility (and we know how well those work.)

There is bi-partisan support in congress opposing net neutrality, so the FCC is considering reclassifying the Internet as a Title II telecommunications service in order to enact Net Neutrality and other regulations. In other words, just like the EPA and carbon taxes, the Administration’s position is “the people be dammed, we are going to do this on our own.” They are looking to go around congress and regulate internet free speech on their own. The FCC recently postponed their decision till after the mid term elections (surprised?).

Leading the charge for Net Neutrality, is Free Press, an anti “big media” organization funded by socialist/progressive donors such as George Soros’ Open Society Institute; the Nathan Cummings Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Glaser Progress Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the Overbrook Foundation, the Philadelphia Foundation, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, the Schumann Center for Media and Democracy, the Surdna Foundation, and the Wallace Global Fund.

Read more, clickable link below:
http://www.redstate.com/jeffdunetz/2010/09/06/net-neutrality-obamas-way-of-saying-shuddupayourface/

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 4:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Could be. I'm not well schooled on the issue and would need a more credible and unbiased source to review and consider. I'm not pleased with Obama's whining about FOX, etc. and Bushco. Find it unbecoming of a president even if it is the truth.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• "This proposal does have its advantages, the best of which is the second point where broadband providers could not favor particular Internet traffic over other traffic. "

That's a description of the Google/Verizon proposal... and it's what net neutrality is SUPPOSED to be. But it's gotten out of control.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• the sicilian in me is laughing today, shudduppayouface-I haven't heard in forever.
    Oh well, no big deal my dear.
    Huckabee and many other prime GOP hopefuls have an agenda already in place today to cut funding Jan 3 to the FCC so the regulations will really never take hold.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Once again...Friday, I agree with you!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• They, PBO, his media czar, Mark Lloyd and Soros, would love to control the media and internet just like Hugo Chavez. They think his revolution wasn't successful until he nationalized the TV and radio stations so he could control the flow of information. http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=33353
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Huckabee and many other prime GOP hopefuls have an agenda already in place today to cut funding Jan 3 to the FCC so the regulations will really never take hold

OH THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that means Al Sharpton will shut his lousy trap.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• There's so much propaganda in this article is makes me laugh. I think people should go and learn what provisions (all 6 of them) are in the third way plan, what the difference between a Title I and Title II service is, and what it means to have THE FLOW OF DATA classified as a Title II.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 6:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

Or you could just look up the ruling by The United States Supreme Court and see why this was ALREADY ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL in the first place!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It's more in line with them saying..." the Constitution is a flawed Document"....here I'll fix it!!!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2010