was this mean of me?

my daughters have been fussing fighting,telling on each other and arguing all day so i finally told them both:
SHUT THE HELL UP AND STAND IN THE CORNER I DONT WANNA HEAR ANOTHER WORD!!

!! Im kind of fustrated and in alot of pain right now
was that mean of me to say?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 4:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes but sometimes it's all we got. I would have just sent them to different rooms.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• its hard to not get really mad and im sure you will find better ways to handle them in the future
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Sometimes it happens. Dont beat yourself up for it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If you can, don't let it get to the point that you're so frustrated that you say things you feel bad about. I'm sure you were annoyed way before this came flying out of your mouth, so try dealing with it the moment you notice they are going off the rails. Nipping it in the bud will be better for them, and you.
    whatthewhat

Answer by whatthewhat at 4:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Mean or not, we've all been there and said something similar. Don't feel bad.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Everyone gets frustrated and thats okay. I think you are fine. Once you feel up to it, explain to them that you are not feeling well, and that fighting is not helping either of them. If they want to continue perhaps put them in separate rooms until they are ready to behave. I hope this helps, and take care :)
    CindyLou122

Answer by CindyLou122 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It wasn't probably the best choice - but I sense from your words (and from knowing how it goes with kids - I have 6 myself) that you've probably told them in very different words for a while and they have opted to push and not listen - so it kind sounds to me like you reached your snapping point. It happens. I would just say - try to not reach that point next time, don't dwell on it, keep them apart as long as you need to and carry on :)

I see you said you're in a lot of pain - I sure hope you feel better very soon!!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 4:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• my kids bickering gets to me too. when they try to involve me or it gets to heated then i step in and say "Don`t talk to each other. Don`t even look at each other." it brings peace for awhile and eventually they forgive each other. Mine are 8, 6 & 4.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We're all human, and every now and then, even the best mom can lose it. Sometimes that's what it takes for them to take us seriously. Hope you're feeling better soon, and as someone else said, don't beat yourself up over this!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Kids will push our buttons until we snap it's their job... or so I tell myself LOL I too have said similar things to my kids. I usually send them to their own rooms and try to calm down from being sooo stressed and I appologize for saying whatever it was that I said, but also tell them that when I tell them to do something they need to do it. That way you don't ruin your self for the next time they are acting that way.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010