Help! Extra long cycle!

I have been trying to conceive since March 2008, at first when I got of the pill my periods were around 29 days, the last few months they have been longer. One was 36 days, my last one was 42 days, and now I am on day 47 and still no period! I thought I was pregnant b/c it was late and I felt dizzy, but I took a pregnancy test yeaterday and it was negative. I took my temperature today and it was really low. Is there any chance I can still ovulate this cycle or do I just have to wait it out now? I am truly confused and frustrated why my cycle is getting longer and need help! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• After stopping BC it can take many months for your body to adjust to not getting the regular dose of hormones. If I were you I would go see my OBGYN and get a check up and discuss your concerns about your cycle with them. It is possible you are already preggo.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Birth Control Is The Devil. It messes up the body. I have never taken it because i have seen my friends and family use it and then have to many problems...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I went to the doc a couple months ago because I had not had a period for 18 WEEKS! They took a few tests and everything came back negative. They gave me some pills to force on a period. I didn't take them on the off chance I was pregs and just testing neg. I got my period two weeks later it was really weird slow for two days and then a little heavier for a couple days and then done. Now it has been another 14 WEEKS and I finally got it again. It has been three SUUUUPER slow days as in one pantyliner a day. Sorry TMI I know but really this is so bizarre. I am going to go back to the doc and see what they say this time. I just read in one of my mags that traveling a lot can be enough to goof your cycle. We've traveled quite a bit these last few months so maybe thats whats up. I don't know its weird but I'd definitely go to the doc if I were you. Go armed with lots of questions though.
    Anonymous

• so anno...
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 11:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2008