Bedwetting...

My neice and nephew want to stay a few days with us after Christmas but my sister says they still wet the bed at ages 12 and 14.That's even after cutting out anything to drink hours before bedtime and they still wet every nite.I was just wondering if anyone else's kids or know of anyone that has this problem at these ages?Some sort of abuse keeps coming in my mind.Surely hope not.But I have read where it could be.

karencrouch

Asked by karencrouch at 4:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Its outside the norm but not totally atypical and can run in families. My bro wet the bed till 13.. NOTHING worked and nope,no sexual abuse either. And they tried EVERYTHING.. alarms, waking him up, no liquids etc.etc.

My dd 51/2 still wets the bed... I just thank the god(es)s that they make big diapers now a days.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Could be a physical or emotional problem. Have they seen a urologist or a psychologist?? At any rate I would gladly wash sheets every day if I could see my family.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It could be abuse although is it something that happens all the time. I know my friends son wets the ed every so often, sometimes for a week, when he has a growth spurt. His bladder doesn't grow as fast as the rest of him. Also with my son he had ot have surgery to wide the opening at the tip of his penis. Once he had the surgery he completely stopped wetting the bed.

I would think she should talk to the DR about this.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Oh I don't have a problem with bedwetting,washing sheets everyday either,I think it embarrases my sister.I'm fine with it,I just sense a worry with her about it.
    karencrouch

Comment by karencrouch (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I wet until I was 10 and DH was 15. It happens.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It could be an underactive bladder, an underdeveloped bladder, it could be emotional. It could be a sign of sexual abuse...IF there are other signs of abuse.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2010