my ex wants to give us another try but...

im not sure if im ready to take the risk of getting my heart broken again. last time we dated i broke up with him, just because i got scared. things were great. he really understanding, sweet, smart, funny. i recently had a miscarriage and my uncle died so im kinda emotional and he understands and gets that. he willing to talk about it with me if i need to. i just need some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like you have some trust issues, if you broke up with him in spite of everything being great... If he's really that nice a guy, give him a chance! We run the risk of getting hurt in every relationship we answer, but is it really so much better to be alone for the rest of your life?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• well if you dumped him you have to re-evaluate why before reconnecting. but I think it would be fine.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My husband and I had a really volatile relationship. We tried "one last time" many times before finally breaking it off completley and seeing other people. We both got into quite serious relationships but if im honest...it never felt right.

In August 2009 We got back together internding on taking things slowly and casually...just dating really again and doing things as a family. But my mum passed away suddenly and I had to move...Paul came with me and we got married nearly 2 months ago. We are the happiest we have been in years and have a baby boy due in just over 6 wks :)

My advice would be not to give up whilst there is a glimmer of hope...but dont expect it overnight. You may need months of space to realise how much you want eachother. Take things slowly, perhaps just focus on a friendship and doing things with your children...let things hpapen naturally :)

Good luck xx
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 5:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If you are happy and he understands you then you might want to give it another try. No one can push you into a relationship and if you aren't ready to start dating again see if you an be friends and hang out.

GOod Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Miscarriage? His or someone else's? if you're coming off of another relationship where a pregnancy was in the picture,I'd be waiting for awhile.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• it was someone else's but we havent been seeing each other for a while. it was a foolish emotional mistake.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Honestly, I think you should give him a chance on a friend basis. Talk with him, hang out with him a few times, and just feel things out. Allow him to be there for you if you're ready for that and just let things happen naturally. If infact they happen at all. Don't expect anything, let him know not to expect anything. Just go into it as "We're friends and we're just hanging out". If something is to happen between you two it will, there's no need to rush it or force it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think you have to evaluate the reason you split to know if you should get back together. I was split from my DH and we reunited. There was agreement on both of our parts that we both did things wrong. We have been back together for several years now and it was great great for a while then we hit a rough patch. We both had growing to do still. But things are back on track and we both take a lot more time and effort to maintain the marriage than we ever have. We've worked through some things and continue to do so. I say listen to your head but go with your heart.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Take your time and let things work out naturally.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 7:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Every time my x comes back I tell him to remember why he left in the first place. If it didn't work for him then it won't work now bc I have not changed!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2010