How can you tell the difference between normal pregnancy back ache...and if it signals preterm labor?

Its been hurting non stop....I think its worse....even after tylenol....

No other real symptoms....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had back pain and the tightening of the abdomen for two beeks before I actually went into 'labor.' I actually didn't know I was in labor b/c I no longer had back pain nor tightening of abdomen. My labor was nausea and diahrrea at regular intervals increaseing to 5 minutes apart. After dealing with this for 6 hours I was advised to call L&D. They had me come in and told me I was in labor. :-) I guess every woman experience labor lifferently. Some women feel nothing until their water breaks and a head starts coming out. If you have any doubts or questions, ask your dr. That is what they get paid for!
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 2:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• normal back pain during pregnancy is hard to deal with but its normal u will know if its pre laber some times blood spotting baby tightens up and u have very low pain that u just would know to go to the hospital its scary sometimes be pregnant but every mom knows that
    faith1174

Answer by faith1174 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• With both of my daughters I had back pain with contractions during labor. Is your belly getting hard? my back pain would start in my lower back and move to my lower belly (felt like severe period cramps) if the back pain get worse or even continues give your doctor a call. Back pain is normal in pregnancy, but every person has different symptoms of labor and just to be on the safe side it wouldn't hurt to make a visit to the doc. Good luck and I hope all is fine!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Did you ever figure anything out? I have been wondering all day. Hope all is well!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• sorry to keep you guys wondering...back is still hurting..some contractions but nothing regular at all....no blood or discharge or fluid....of any kind.

Still just watching myself and paying attention to my feelings...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If you have 4 or more contractions in an hour call your doctor.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2010