• In the Spotlight:

Confused about Pregnancy Tests?

Okay here's my delimia, I took two pregnancy tests last week and they were very very faintly postive, so I went to the store today and got another one just to recheck, before I call the doctor tomorrow and it was negative.
Just a little info, my last period was on October 2nd, I ovulated around October 15th, and I have 22-24 day cycle and so I'm obviously late, but I'm confused about the tests. Any help??

SuprMom12042702

Asked by SuprMom12042702 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• There is pretty much no such thing as a false positive. Some tests are more sensitive than others. Go to the doctor anyway, and check out www.peeonastick.com
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 5:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• were they different brands? Some brands can detect earlier than others. How soon did you get your faint lines? If you got them after 10 minutes they could be evaporation lines. Worst case would be that your hormone level have dropped, like when the embryo dies. Sometimes you can even reabsorb the embryo without miscarrying. You should call for a blood test to make sure.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 5:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• yeah u can test now and it should have been positive. My last period was oct 5th and i got a positive on oct 30th
    Anonymous

• i would ask the doctor for a blood test,some brands are sensitive,ive had the same trouble this month
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 2:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• It could of been a evap line I have had them before...
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 6:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Maybe try a digital test that spells out PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT
    LilCsMommy

Answer by LilCsMommy at 5:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2008