Oh My! Red Food Dye, HELP!

Stupidly, I left the red food dye on the counter and my daughter thought it would be fun to play with. So she found a way to climb the counters. She now has dye all over her face and hands. Thank goodness no dye on her clothes, carpet or counters. Just on an empty worthless box.
Any one know any quick ways to get it off? I tried rubbing alcohol and warm water but it barley lighten it up.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Now what you should do is take her pic and post it so we can all chuckle. It happens to the best of us,Momma! If it doesn't come off it is a funny story about ho she had a red face for Christmas.

I would take a few baby wipes and hold it on the dye for a few minutes, 5mins or so. Then I would wipe the best you can. Stick her in the bath tub and let her soak, once the skin softens up a bit it should come off easier.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It will just have to wear off. It will come off of her little by little, but I don't think there is a quick way to get it off.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Let her soak in the tub, that is all you can do... and then add some green! That way she'll be the perfect holiday color :)

Really, nothing more you can do. Take tons of pictures, you'll laugh at it later. I promise.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would use regular soap. It should come right off.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I've had luck with shampoo. I know nail polish remover would work but you wouldn't want to use that on your little ones hands :)
    greensavvymama

Answer by greensavvymama at 5:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Toothpaste. Rub it on just like you would soap and then rinse it off. It won't get rid of it completely, but it helps.

Pictures first.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• That happened to me last year lol. Put her in the bath with LOTS of dove soap.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• LOL sleeping! I actually was able to get the dye off her face since there wasnt much
    Lets just say she was literally caught RED handed
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2010