Do you have a friend you consider to be....

an emotional vampire?? If so...why do you consider them to be a drain? What did they do or not do that made them fit this description. Any answers would be appreciated..Thanks:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do. She is that way because she is soooo needy and everyone else has walked away because they can't deal with it. She can't figure out how to do anything on her own, her daughter is a brat and she allows the daughter to hit and punch her and then acts surprised that she gets in trouble at school for it. I could go on and on, she is is just high maintenace and there are many times I ignore her phone calls.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Nope, I don't stay friends with people like that, I don't have the time or patience for it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes, I never thought of it that way till I read your question though!! She is just very needy emotionally, not purposely though so I just try to be the best friend I can to her, like I hope somebody would do for me =)

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Love your answer skittles. I recently became friends with someone like this and she wants totalk on the phone constantly...I absolutly hate the phone and try to avoid it whenever possible. I dont want to be mean to her because I know she is lonely and really has no life but I dont know what to do about all the phone calls.
    Triscuit

Answer by Triscuit at 9:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think life is hard enough to put up with high maintenance people, so no I wouldn't put up with that.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Not friends, so much as a few family members. I tend to see their emotional "fangs" not long after meeting potential life-suckers, so we don't stay around each other long enough to become "friends"./

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with my family till one of us keels over.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010