nothing?

i thought the first day of my last menstrual was nov 16, which doc put at 5wks even, but they couldn't find anything in utero, which has really bummed me out, but i may have dates wrong, which might put me at 3wks possibly...has anyone ever had an early ultrasound that had nothing but went on to have a normal pregnancy, i worry about ectopic preg. and my hormone level was only at 600...

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's still pretty early to detect the baby by ultrasound. I was told by my doctor that normally the baby can be seen by ultrasound once your hcg levels have reached 1000. Don't get upset yet. I would have a blood test done to check your hcg levels again in 2 days to make sure that they are rising rather than falling. You want them to double every 48 to 72 hours.Try not to stress too much...the baby is most likely just fine :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Five weeks (or less) is awfully early to make any kind of determination, I'd give it a little more time. Your hcg level itself is also not a deciding factor, it's whether or not that level doubles every 48 hours or so. Have they scheduled you for another blood test?

Personally, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet, you're WAY too early for that.... Good luck!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I go in tomorrow for my 1st U/S and I am only 6 weeks (but I know I am really only about 4 -5 ) I will put an update on here once I know the results. I have heard and read that it is very common to not see anything so early.....some women haven't seen much or heard the heartbeat until around 8-10 weeks along so try not to freak out. Are they checking your hcg levels again this week just to see if they are doubling every 48 hours? Sometimes it isn't always the number but if they are actually doubling as the farther along you get, the number will increase.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 5:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• yes we're doing another ultra and blood test next week...i just read that 1,000-2,000 is the best number to see anythng in utero by sono.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Oh good! Keep us updated!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Did they do the ultra sound vaginally or on your tummy? Good luck to you guys I am sure things are fine
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Vaginally, with the probe thing! And I will, I go back in a few days, so we'll see! I read a few stories on the net, not always the BEST idea, but some eased my mind...A lot of them said they were only 3-4[early] wks at hcg level of 600 and far too early to see anything, so we'll see !
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It seems a little early to see anything. And I have had an ultrasound by one person who saw nothing, and my OBGYN came in and found a small sac. I wouldn't worry too much! Your doctor looked in your tubes when he did the ultrasound. And as long as your HCG levels are on the rise, you do not have much to worry about! :)
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 7:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• idk if he looked in the tubes, he didn't say anything about it not being there, he basically just said, he would check again and if they were rising and nothing was there, it'd probably be somewhere else in the body.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• usually with ectopic pregnancy you would be in alot of pain, but if you are really early it is not uncommon to not see anything yet. dont worry, those hcg levels rise pretty quick and you should definatly get better answers at the next ultrasound. good luck!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2010