Need a job

I have been out of work about 2 months and my sons father have been my source of money but I think that its taking its toll on him I want a job but no one is hiring but jobs like burger king, taco bell, and etc should I take that job or keep looking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• What skills do you have?

Do you have a resume?

Have you gone to any temporary agencies?

If you need money now...take the job. And keep looking for something better.

Best wishes.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 5:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and take a burger king job just to get the income. A job is btter than NO job  Some $ coming in is better than NO $$ coming in. Burger Kind and McDonalds also like to work with Mommy's and work around Your schedule.  Good Luck!

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• If i were you I would try getting a stay at home job. You can start as soon as you want never have to wait to see if someone else gets the job and its money coming in to help. If you want to know about what I do send me a message and i will tell you all about it.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 6:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I agree with vbruno...a crappy job is better than no job, and you can always look for better while you're working there. And as an HR major, I can tell you that there isn't a job out there that doesn't offer you some type of workable experience that you can use to build your resume.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I agree with vbruno as well but also while you have that job dont stop looking for a better one bc it juts might pop up . If you get a home base job usually it cost money to start(i know this ive tried) and just remember you will only have that job until a better one comes along.
    tripper1305

Answer by tripper1305 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• In the mean time why don't you try cashcrate. You can make money from home from your computer. I explained in my profile how cashcrate works. Let me know if you have any question.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 9:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I worked at Target and went to school. It wasn't easy, but it was income. Now I work for myself. If you lack the skills to get a better job you could always work at the BK while going to school. Usually you can receive some kind of state aide to help you. On the other hand, if you lose state aide because you work full/part time, then don't. You need that aide until you find something where you can generate enough income. Schooling is where it's at, call a social worker and see what you qualify for. If you want to create some income at home while you are looking, give me a ring.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Take it and continue with your search.
    I used Kelly Services a couple of times and they really helped me out. They are a nationwide Temp Service and alot of times when you are on an assignment , if you are a good match the company will hire you on permantley. I got a job with the State Attorneys Office right out of HS...so its worth looking into.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Check out my website and you can start your own business for only $49.00 and make great extra $$$$, especially for the holidays. www.mygc.com/JackieHaserick
    CandleLady800

Answer by CandleLady800 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2008