at home dye

I dyed myhair and it turned out a funky red color I really wanted it to look coppery but tis a funky color an dI dont have any money to go to a salon to change it,so I was wondering if it would totally be a bad idea to buy another box of hair dye a darker color maybe and change it right away,or should I just wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I do it all the time! Just do a much darker color to cover it and condition well, you may need to trim the ends when you are done.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You may end up with darker hair with THAT color highlights. Could you live with that?
    Red tends to fade quickly. Time may be all you need.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Red fades very quickly.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have red hair but its kind of a lighter red I was trying to go for a red copper whcih was so gorgeous. Its really hideous so I'm gonna go for a darker color and see what happens.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Dye saturates the hair shaft. So more color isn't going to help right away since it's already saturated (which means it can't hold any more color right now). I've seen people do it if they strip the color and go blond but not seen it the other way turn out well.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• what about a toner? That might work and it's cheaper than going to a salon. Do you have a beauty supply place like Sally's nearby?

Answer by admckenzie at 10:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Wash your hair every day for about a week....that will get most of that red out. if I don't use shampoo/conditioner & leave in that help maintain my red it fades fast. Give your hair a little time to recover, wash it daily and dye it about a week after you dyed it now.
    Anonymous

• Clariol.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:24 AM on Dec. 24, 2010