HELP !!! RINGWORM ON HEAD!

About 6 weeks ago I noticed a ring on my arm (sure enough a) I have been treating it with tinactin. Well today I noticed I have a patch or crusty flaky crud on the back of my head and I'm sure that it is ringworm. what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• go see a doctor
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You can use an antifungal shampoo but you also need to get medicine from the doctor. You also need to get rid of brushes or anything that touches the area due to it being a way for it to spread
    PRLEWIS

Answer by PRLEWIS at 5:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yeah, it's sounds like ringworm; which is highly contagious. You should immediately be seen by a doctor and be treated. The situation has gone on longer than it should have already. You have endangered your health and possibly that of others. Ringworm is a fungus; not a worm as commonly misunderstood.
    phoenix1963

Answer by phoenix1963 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I made an appt for tomorrow but I am worried because I have a 9 month old  that is still EBF. I don't know if they have meds that are safe to take while Breastfeeding

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I had ringworm on my face, thank you cats!, a long time ago and dabbed straight bleach on it. Burned like a bitch, but cleared it up quick! I don't know if you should do that BF though...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Doctor.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:21 PM on Dec. 26, 2010