What do you do with the kids when you can't really do too much with them? :?

I have a 9 yr. old boy and a 7 yr. old girl and they are demanding (what kid isn't) anyway I had told them to be good for me while I get on the treadmill (they are on christmas vacation) and I also told them not to bother me unless it was an emergency.
Well 15 min into my walk my ds comes in and asks me a dumb question something that could have waited, then my dd walks in crying saying her brother is bothering her I am like ok as soon as I finish my walk I am going to beat their butts...but after everything was said and done I wasn't upset with them after all once I took a cool shower and relaxed but why do they test me they know I mean business at times they listen to their dad very well they don't try to messs with him at all...they know better I guess.
I tried to give them some kind of studies to do while I am doing something either they finish up or come to me with a problem they cannot solve. What else to do?
Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• What was the consequence if they came and interrupted your workout? I think sometimes giving those ahead of time might help, rather than just being upset or yelling.. at 7 and 9 ,. they should know better but its also the age
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• anything and everything to entertain them lol.....play fallow the leader or something to wear them out....hide and go seek in the house or outside.....card games.....board games....coloring games.......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2010