• In the Spotlight:

What do you mommies of multiples/ any aged children think? Twins would be easier.. or babies not even 18 months apart easier?

I am due w/ my 3rd child around my daughters 5th birthday! I also have a SD who I watch majority of the time, i'd say well more often than her mother..bcz my hubby has her all the time but is constantly working. So i just turned 23!!... & will be a mother to 3, non stop, and practiacally to 4 nonstop... 4 children all under the age of 5!! Im starting to actually get a little nervous...............ive been having mothers tell me they wish they had twins because their children who arent even 18 months apart were on complete different schedules and nothing was the same so it made it much more hard for them.

What would you think? twins easier? or babies spaced 18 months apart easier? Just curious as to what you all think.. I know its hard to tell if you havent been on both ends!

Im also a stay at home mom.. doing online college, and my hubby is a police oficer so he works many overtime shifts/late hours/never know when he is going to be home.. so any advice for you moms who feel like single moms would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have two babies 12 months apart. I can say that it's not as bad as people try to tell me it is! They get along great, play together and sometimes even nap at the same time! We are even thinking about adding #3 to the mix before my youngest is 2...so that would be three under three yrs old.
    I totally think you can do it..try to get yourself and the older children into a routine. Nap time always the same, meal time always the same. Routine if you friend. Get up half an hour before the baby (if you can) and eat something, check your email, get dressed. The five year old can dress herself and will be in school soon..so that makes things easier. I would be more concerned with finding time for yourself then your ability to handle four young children. Make sure you and you DH are on the same page and that he can help you..or get family in to take the older kids once a week..even an hour will help you keep your sanity.
    Good luck
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 5:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I had mine 18 months apart - uneven twins and I think it might have been easier to have twins!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have 2 that are 18 months apart and it was/is almost like having twins. The older one is a boy, the younger a girl - so developmentally it wasn't long until they were at the same stage. I potty trained them at the same time, which was great! They like the same things and entertain each other so well.

Answer by missanc at 8:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My kids are now 8, 5, and 4. (The youngest are 360 days apart). It was hard for the first year cuz there are only so many hands for bottles, diapers, kleenex..... But you get into a groove and you get to the ages I'm at and you wonder where the time went. The little ones play pretty well together. My only suggestion is make sure you take one nite a month, even if its for JUST dinner for you and your honey. Then take a couple hours for yourself every week, even if its just shutting yourself in your room to read a book. It will help you keep your sanity.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My kids are 18 months apart and I'm expecting a 3rd child...will be around 22 months apart from the 2nd child. I'm also a stay-at-home mom. I sometimes go insane..but, I try and keep my cool. So, I will have 3 kids in 3 years. I feel it's going to be really hard too. But somehow we manage and do what we have to do.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010