im scared im facing divorce can he take my kids from me?. i dont trust him!!! adult content

we r facing divorce and he is not being ok with my desicion of divorce or seperation he put an order of protection on me but he has made the treats he wants me to sell the house my kids and i live in. he is capable of so much i feel lost and im scared.

just1979

Asked by just1979 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• talk to a lawyer or the police and see what your options are..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If you live in a community property state & the house was purchased after you got married, he can ask that the house be sold & receive his half of the house. You should contact an attorney and speak to them
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I know it seems hard but just hang in there. The only way he can take the kids away from you is if he can prove you are unfit. Since he has a protective order against you just follow the rules so he cant use that against you in anyway. I dont know what state you live in but I dont think he can make you sell the house unless you both agree to it.
    PRLEWIS

Answer by PRLEWIS at 5:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thank u ladys. THANK YOU SO MUCH . I LOVE MY CHILDREN I WOULD GIVE IT ALL UP BUT MY REASON FOR LIVING IS THEM.
    just1979

Comment by just1979 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• If the children are his you both have equal rights to them until a court decides otherwise.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• No he can't take them. Just get a lawyer and let the lawyer handle it

Answer by admckenzie at 7:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• No, he can't just take them but he can ask for shared custody. He can say he wants to sell the house and then either you have to sell and split or buy him out. Does he have retirement? maybe you can buy him out with that.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2010