cervix position? adult content

is it true that your cervix changes positions b4 and after ovulation? if so would ya'll (lol im from texas) mind telling me what the positions are supposed to feel like?.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes. Your cervix will be low, firm(like the tip of your nose) and closed during your nonfertile stages. When it gets close to ovulation your cervix will become "SHOW" soft, high, open, and wet. After ovulation has occured your cervix will become low, firm, and closed once again. When you are about to begin your period it will remain low and firm, but it will open just enough to allow the blood to pass. Google cervical positions there is a lot of info out there :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Also, if you want to start checking your cervix, be sure to wash your hands and trim your nails to prevent infection. A good position to check is to squat down to where your booty touches your ankles and insert one to two fingers into your vagina. Reach until you find what may feel like the tip of your nose or what may feel soft like your lips. When you are pregnant your cervix will become high,soft, and firmly closed. The time that this happens is different in every woman. Some it changes a few days prior to your period or around that time or 2 to 3 weeks after your missed your period.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes. Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart. You will be pregnant in no time!!!

When your cervix is HIGH, SOFT, OPEN and is producing wet or egg white like cervical mucus then you are fertile. When it's low, hard and closed you are not fertile.

It can be inbetween and, for me, it always is when I'm transitioning from not fertile to fertile.

After a couple of months of charting you will learn what your norm is and will know when you are fertile and can even look for pregnancy signs.

My cervix is usually low, hard and firm after ovulation but for most of my luteal phase so far it's been high, medium in firmness and tightly closed so I'm hoping for a BFP!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2010