Anonymous People

Why do people get on here and post anonymous?? I really don't understand. If you can't put your name on it why post it? And not all people post things rude that post anonymous. I just don't get why people would post if they can't be honest.

Proud_Mommy05

Asked by Proud_Mommy05 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Well, Ther are a few people who post anon because the Q&A's section is open to ANYONE not just members. You can google and Q asked here may come up. It's a privacy thing for some.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Some people want to remain private. Some people have family and friends on here and they don't want to se that they are the one's posting it. Some things are personal and they dont want the whole world to know who they are but they need advise
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• What if they have a personal question and don't want to be recognized but need genuine help and advice, you don't know their circumstances.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• just because you post anon doesn't mean they aren't honest...maybe the topic is embarrassing to them or about a issue others don't know they have and they rather not advertise it. I don't get why it bothers so many especially if they aren't being mean.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Sometimes a person may need advice on something that pertains to work or family or their marriage that they don't want to broadcast to any family or coworkers, etc. that may be on here. I don't see anything wrong with someone using it for that.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• ANON...ANON...ANON...ANON
    Anonymous

• I typically answer anon because someone always seems to completely misinterpret something I've said OR they don't agree with my opinion and feel they have to bash me since I don't think like them. Last time I checked, this was America and I have a right to say whatever I please.
    Anonymous

• The only reason I can think of is when it's an embarrassing question. I don't understand why ppl do anonymous when they're asking would you rather have an apple or a pear?? What a waste of time!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Are you the anon police of cafemom? Why should it matter, like the others said it doesn't always mean they are a liar.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Ok ladies I must have mis wrote. I wasn't talking about the ones that post a question I'm talking about the replies that show up anon and post really really rude things. If you can't show your face in an answer then I call that two face. Just my opinion.
    Proud_Mommy05

Comment by Proud_Mommy05 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2010