what would you say

My daughters father spends every christmas with his son and he sees his son everyday. So is it wrong to tell the father that he should spend at least one christmas with his daughter. I mean it is not her fault that she lives in GA with her mother. It has been time where I have thought about moving to ALabama (father lives) so she could be closer to her dad. But I would be losing a good job and everything that I have established here. Would you have a talk with him or just let it go?

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Well why cant he just bring is son up to visit your daughter? I mean after all that is her brother. Talk to him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It's not wrong to tell him that. However, I have just decided to let her Dad do what he wants. I don't want to make him see her when he doesn't want to. I'd rather have her all the time then force him to and in turn her not have a good time or feel it's been forced.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Well you have a good point but if she don't ask for him and he does see her on a regular basis I would just let it go...she will catch him next time on a different day...IDK GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• seems like you should talk to him
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 6:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• skype could help. online videochats. idk if u can do it but my step mom could figure it out to talk to her son out of state. it is better to see their faces. they could set up chat times. see if you can download something from the site and email it to him so that you can enable their relationship to blossom rather than just telling him to do it (he probably doesnt really know how with her being out of state - travel is very expensive and you shouldnt have to move with modern technology.)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• opps ... that is skype.com
    AmaliaD

• Send her to him for the holiday

Answer by admckenzie at 7:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think you should talk to him, if it were me, I would atleast try to work out something so she could see her father during the holidays, who knows if you speak with him about it, he may just come and get her. you will never know if you don't ask!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Talk to him about it. You might be surprised, he might want to come and visit but doesn't know how to ask. But of course be prepared to hear an excuse.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• absolutely tell him how you feel, and let him know that she misses him.
    CAPONES

Answer by CAPONES at 2:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2010