LMBO.... too rude?

My 14 yr old son has a friend (freshman in high school) who often comes over, sometimes bringing his younger brother. Both of the boys have HORRIFIC bathroom etiquette. They OFTEN pee on the edge, they dont put down the seat, and OFTEN dont even bother to flush. It is disgusting... and by their age down right rude. 

Well the upstairs bathroom is shared by ALL my kids... and my teenage daughter HATES when these boys come over.  Well I just heard her go OFF on the kid (LMBO) if it had been ANY other situation I would have been on her so fast for that kind of rudeness and the language used... but in this case I think perhaps it is JUST what was needed. 

In the past my son has razed them, I have said in generalities "boys you need to be mindful in the bathroom"  trying to give a hint with out calling out the boys specifically... but to no avail.  Im hoping that her down right in your face rudeness works... she said it in front of 3 other boys... and called the brothers out specifically.

Was it too rude... should I say something to my daughter... or should I let it ride and hope that FINALLY these boys will grow up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• btw... my younger daughter will NOT pee at their home (their younger sister is her friend) she says it is just too gross.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Honestly I'd probably let it go. I'd probably be the same way so I'm sure my daughter will end up being like me and telling it like it is. Noone wants to sit on pee. And they should have some manners.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• HAHAHAHA! i wouldnt say anything to her .. i wouldve done the same thing! that is the nastiest thing boys do!!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I feel bad for the kids, they genuinely might not know how to be clean about it. That sucks for them that their parents never taught them what a clean bathroom is like.

It might help, but it might backfire too. What if one of the boys gets offended & purposely does it to piss her off. If they do it again, i would tell them to their face that they need to whipe the toilet seat clean & flush or they are not allowed to use your bathroom anymore. Tell them if they are going to be gross, then to go use their own bathroom at their house.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would let it slid. I think you should have backed her up. and said to the boys " do not use the bathroom here if you can not be clean".

Answer by louise2 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I agree, let it go. (Good for her)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think they must realize that it's not a mice thing to do, especially if you mentioned it before. I'd say don't worry about your daughter- I did the same thing to one of my little sister's first "boyfriends". Hopefully it's like a cold glass of water to the face & wakes them up. If it keeps happening, though, you may have to call them out on it- no one should have to clean up someone else's pee on their own toilet!

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Under no circumstances did I EVER allow my children to swear or be rude to anyone welcome in my home. I would find a kinder way to talk to the boys and I personally would reprimand my daughter for not thinking about their feelings or that perhaps they just weren't raised with the same manners that you raised your children with. Being unkind is never acceptable to me.
    Anonymous

• I'd be proud of her. I wonder if it will work.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I would just let it go. Maybe when you dropped the subtle hints they were completely oblivious they were aimed to them.
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 11:34 AM on Dec. 26, 2010