mirena question

I have had this iud before, and had it put in last Friday at my 6 week pp visit. Saturday night the string to it came out. I went in to my ob today so she could check and see if she could see the strings, she couldn't see them either and sent me for a sono. It is still in place. My question is how do they remove it with out the strings? My ob is suppose to be calling me back but it might be next week until she gets back to me. Has anybody had the happen and if so how do the remove it?

mama91605

Asked by mama91605 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Health

• You should have done your research before getting that but google Mirena failure and you will find a lot of failures and fall outs.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have no idea...i'm guessing they'd have to dilate you a bit, grab it & pull it out.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I have one & love it. I had a new one put in 2 years ago & will have another put in in another 3 years. Google "failure" next to any birth control & you will find a lot of things to read about.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thank you but i did do my research. How does that have anything to do with the strings coming off?
    mama91605

Comment by mama91605 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i was thinking the same thing...thats not failure to me...
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 8:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2010