Who was the other mary in the bible and was she Jesus wife

What other info is there about the other mary and was she claim to be married to Jesus and why was she the only one walk with Jesus

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• haha no my dear. jesus married Mary Magdalene in the fictional novel The DaVinci code which was just a fun "what if" story.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• sorry for the mispelling but I believe the other "mary" is mary magdeline.... some spelling like that. she was a prostitute. she was the one known to cry, then wipe her tears off jesus' foot with her long hair. I dont think she was his wife but I think they dated. I also believe she's the woman in the last supper painting
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Mary Magdalene. Here's a link to the Wikipedia article. If you google her, you will find a lot of information.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• she was a prostitute

That's also a myth.

It's a lot of fun - if a person named Mary Magdalene actually existed, she's not nearly all the things people make her out to be - and prostitute is at the top of that list. That was a rumor invented by a pope centuries later.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Mary Magdalene ... the Gnostics believed she was Jesus' wife, but they were wrong.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 7:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• No one knows for sure because there isn't enough documentation that's been found, maybe someday we'll know more about her. For now my belief is she was a disciple of Jesus and this is why she followed him, as did the other disciples.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• One reason it's hard to know a lot about Mary Magdalene is because there were so many women named Mary back then, it was a very common name and some stories may have been confused with other women named Mary at the time.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• There were 3 Mary's

Mary, mother of Jesus
    Mary Magdalene
    Mary, sister of Martha and Lazarus

Answer by missanc at 8:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Mary Magdalene ... the Gnostics believed she was Jesus' wife, but they were wrong. Answer by -Eilish

And, of course you know that HOW???  Were you there?  Did you see their relationship up close?  Maybe you shouldn't speak in such absolutes.  I, on the other hand, believe that Jesus was gay and liked men MUCH better than women.  Unless the "beloved disciple" was Mary Magdalene, then Jesus was getting very snuggly with another guy at the last supper!

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Noone knows for sure who she was(or even if she truly existed).

There is not enough info and some of the info that could have been put in the Bible about her was left out(as I recall her "gospel" is one of the lost books never put in).

All anyone can really do is research whats available about her and decide for themselves who she was in the grand scheme of things.

Personally, I think she was probably married to him. I dont think a good Jewish man, like Jesus was cuz thats how he was raised and all that before going on his "mission", would have stayed unmarried. It just doesnt seem to be something that was done much...marriage and children was very important. So Im of the belief he married and since Mary M was around him a lot and all that...I think she was the wife.

But that is MY belief.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010