high, soft, closed cervix after miscarriage adult content

I asked this question early this morning, but I am hoping if I repost it, that I might get some more responses. I had an early miscarriage on dec. 8th and would have been 4 weeks along. I began to bleed and immediatly went into the er. They tested my hcg levels which only came out to a 12.78. I had my blood work done once again 2 days later and my hcg had dropped even lower to a 5.59. I had bled for 7 days and decided to go ahead and check my cervical positions just as I did prior to becoming pregnant (I of course waited until I had finished bleeding) after washing my hands I checked my cervix which was low, firm, and closed which was pretty normal for me. The next day I checked again (same time) and my cervix was high, soft, and closed. It has continued to stay that way! I have no signs of ovulation ( my cervical mucus is the same texture as it was when I was pregnant with my two girls, sorry for the TMI) I have had to healthy pregnancies and one miscarriage (hopefully my last) is this normal? Or do I need to call my doctor. Any insight helps :)

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would go have it checked out just in case. I'm not sure with the hcg levels, but I have heard of some women miscarrying a twin and not the other? Whatever happens, good luck. God bless.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I am not sure why your cervix would have changed positions like that. My only thought is that it could have been related to the miscarriage. I do not think that this is anything to worry about. Majority of women do not check their own cervical placement, and therefor do not know of any changes. If you have any abnormal symptoms, more bleeding, etc. call your Gynecologist. Also, they like to do HCG blood tests until your levels are what they consider a negative result. Some laboratories consider anything under a 10 a negative and some consider 5 or lower a negative.

Good luck, and I am so sorry about your miscarriage. No matter how early they are, they are still difficult. I have been there three times, and it is not a pleasant experience.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 7:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i dont know much about this but wanted to give you my sympathies, im very sorry for your loss-i lost 3 so i know how you must feel....good luck with everything
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thank you guys so much for your answers back. I checked my cervix again tonight and it was even higher up ( I could barely reach it!) And it was even more closed than before! I am going to make an appt. With my obgyn. My gut is telling me that I'm pregnant. I'm not sure if it is the same pregnancy or if I'm newly pregnant once again! I will let everyone know once I know! Thanks again :)
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 2:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2010