Fever?

My 3yr old has been running a fever for the past 2 days I don't think its high enough to be seriouse but the Tylenol I have been giving her isn't bringing it down any. Should I take her to the Dr or ER?

mlg87ok

Asked by mlg87ok at 6:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How high is her fever? If you are able to get her into the doctor today then I would take her there, but if not go ahead and take her to the er.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• how high? You can try Motrin. it's a different medicine.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would try motrin. Call her doctor and ask for instructions and a dosage. I would not take a child to the ER unless I really had to (doctor's instructions, broken limb,) especially this time of year. There are so many illnesses out there that she could catch something worse than what she has.

Fever is nature's defense against many illnesses. For most fevers there is no emergency unless the fever is extremely high for an extended period, the child is lethargic and cannot be roused or symptoms of meningitis.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• How high is her fever? If it is not too high, then take her in to your doctor tomorrow or this evening if you can. If it is really high or you are worried, take her to the ER. It is always better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to our kids health.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Her fever is about 103 but I can't give her Motrin bc she is allergic to it. She is like me and so the only thing that can be kept in the house is Tylenol. Thing is about getting her into the dr is we use the base clinic and they are horrible and may not be able to get her in til next week Tues or Wed sometime if I'm lucky and will probably send us to the ER anyway like they always do.
    mlg87ok

Comment by mlg87ok (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• take her to the base hospital er......they will see her, just be prepared to wait for all the uniformed personal to be seen first.....they dont care how sick dependents are.......
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 7:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I would def. Take her into the er on base. That's a pretty high fever. Good luck and I hope she gets to feeling better soon!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We don't have an ER on base.
    mlg87ok

Comment by mlg87ok (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Is there an er close? Do you have tricare? If you do they cover er visits.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes there is one close and they cover er visits. I'm starting to think I should take her I only gave her tylenol about 3hrs ago and she is now at 104.3
    mlg87ok

Comment by mlg87ok (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2010