Anemia?

Did you have anemia when you were pregnant? What were your symptoms?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 6:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes was severely anemic during my pregnancies...your iron level is suppose to be about 12 and mine was 8/9...i was on strong iron pills and stool softeners...i had 3 blood transfusions...i was constantly chewing ice (i guess its a sign ur anemic)...i was so exhausted...bruised like someone beat me...oh man it was horrible
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 8:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I was bruising more easily and somewhat tired.. but I didn't even think about anemia before they told me. Its a simple test, and I'm sure if you mentioned it to your doc they could do the test right in the office and no in a minute.

I think it was WIC that originally told me that I was anemic and not my doctor. They checked my Iron at every appointment.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes and I didn't have any lol, they just told me and gave me iron supplements.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes I was anemic- I chewed on ice all the time, it was like I needed it. I was also a little bit tired, & more pale than usual. All they have to do to find out if you are anemic is a finger stick. A little advice if they put you on iron pills- eat lots of fiber, because they can cause constipation. Hugs doll!

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I was anemic with my first son, but that was 10 years ago now!!! I was on iron and ducosate stool softeners. I hope that I am not anemic and need supplements, because my prenatals already make me feel sick.
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Im so anemic that I actually pass out .. no matter how much iron i take in my body wont absorb it and im afraid to take too much iron in where it can actualy be fatal at some point as of right now at 37 wks the doc just upped my iron to 3x/day on top of the prenatal that has iron and a diet that includes spinach and red meat - which is funny cause they say your meat should be fully cooked in pregnancy .. wierd..
    Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Answer by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 8:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I didn't find out I was anemic until the day I delivered. My doc came in and told me I was severely anemic and put me on strong iron supplements. After being on the supplements for 6 wks he took me off and everythign is fine now.
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 2:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2010