have any of you not heard heart beat at first apointment?

im 10 w 1 day today had first real apt and she couldnt hear heartbeat im bummed she said shes not worried at all as it is early yet and my uterus is tipped[which is news to me never was w/ other babies]

loomis6

Asked by loomis6 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We couldn't hear it so DR brought in the ultrasound machine and we got to see it. Its normal don't worry. Good luck.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:49 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• sounds pretty normal to me...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i get a sono but not till jan 7th and thats cause im measuring 2 weeks bigger
    loomis6

Comment by loomis6 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• This is why it is recommended that Drs dont do this until 12 weeks. By 12 weeks it is easier to find it. When they try to find it before 12 weeks and they cant find it then it makes moms worry.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• good so this really is common?
    loomis6

Comment by loomis6 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• They couldn't find mine at 11 weeks but seeing as I was having regular ultrasounds because my placenta was tearing away from my uterus I knew that the baby was fine. In early pregnancy it is hard sometimes to find it exspecially since you really cant tell just how far along you actually are until they get a look at the baby. I wouldn't worry about it right now. Just relax and wait till your next appointment. They will find it then I am sure.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes it is really common. The heart beat is normally heard AFTER 12 weeks. It can be seen on an ultrasound but very very hard to hear that early..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I did not hear the heartbeat with a Doppler until I was 11 weeks pregnant.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 7:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i didn't hear it till around 12 weeks, my doc said alot of times they cant get one until 12-14 weeks. sounds totally normal to me, im sure you are fine :)
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I remember my doc heard it at my 12 week appointment, then when I went back at 16 weeks it took him like 5 minutes to find it and when he finally did we only heard it for like 4 seconds and then my baby moved and he couldnt find it again!! Dont worry, its normal.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2010