What do you buy a 17 yr old boy?

He wont tell us what he wants other than a laptop. Wont wear clothes we buy for him. I really want to give him gifts like the other children and not just hand him money. Got any ideas? $150 limit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• And people get all up in arms about people wanting people to acknowledge that there are MANY reasons for this season of holidays? That Christmas isn;t the only one. Where is the CHRIST in Christmas that Christians flip out about? Teens and adult children who make demands for gifts, people giving gift cards for Christmas gifts, etc.. It's all about GREED. Sad, sad, sad. Tell your son that since he couldn't decided on gufts that were modest and in your price range that you took it and did something BETTER with it...donate $150 to a homeless shelter, buy $150 worth of jackets from a thrift store 9where you can get nice, clean jackets for $2-$10) and donate them to people in need of coats this winter, buy $150 worth on non-perishable food and donate it to a food bank, spend $150 on Toys for Tots and donate toys to kids who will be happy for whatever Santa is able to bring them. Do something USEFUL with the $150.
    Anonymous

• MP3 Player
    New cell phone
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• w/ a budget that high I'd break it into some chunks. A gift card to the local mall, ipod dock, phone charger for his car, itunes card, etc etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• What about video games? What system does he have?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We have a PS2..and does not want games..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• hmmm...

Well does he have a car? A lesser end GPS like a tom tom might be in budget. (I have a tom tom it works great)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• if he is a driver I would get him a gas gift card, the way they like to run around.
    eyezofblue76

Answer by eyezofblue76 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• He does not have a car...:( Those are good ideas though..thanks.. Thanks for telling me that $150 is a high budget.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• I have a 17 year old boy too. We are getting him a smart phone but we have to wait until February due to the plan restrictions. I bought him a silly mario RC car just so he has something in his stocking and two pairs of jeans, which he wont give a crap about. I think if I were you i'd get one of those visa cards and put the $150 on it. Tell him he can save it towards the lap top or spend it how he wishes. My 23 year old flat out told me he wants cash. ok.

You do realize though that if a 17 year old gets a lap top he will use it to watch porn.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010