c-sections how many?

so im pregnant with my 3rd baby and im 7weeks along and my husband has 3 kids so this will be our 6th baby and honisly im thinking i want another after this one idk if its just cause im pregnant and cant wait i miss having a baby my oldest will be 6 in march and my youngest just turned 2 and i cant do anything for them anymore it kinda makes me sad there growing up too fast. any who to the point this will be my 3rd c-section would it be ok to have a 4th so far my scaring and tissue arnt bad?

angelnina8715

Asked by angelnina8715 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Depends on you and your body. A friend of mine was told no more after her 3rd BUT some people have 4 or 5 before being told no more...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:00 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Well i had two c-sections and i was fine.I even bookd my c-section and my doctor had no problem with it cuz i had already had one before.U should be fine grl.Good luck!
    carisa368

Answer by carisa368 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I am pregnant with my 3rd and my doctor told me that with each one, risks go up (this will be my 3rd c-section). I was advised that 3 should be the limit. I'm planning on getting a tubal after this one. For me personally, I'd love another baby, but it's not worth the risk. If something were to happen to me or the baby I don't know what I'd do. Definitely bring it up with your OB on your next visit.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I'm having my fourth in May!!! My doctor has never told me to stop, yes they reccommend 3 at the most but that is an average. If you aren't having major complications with this pregnancy and your scar tissue looks okay then you could have another. I'm done this time, it will make my c-section and pregnancy more risky though.... I'm 18 weeks and haven't had any major problems, so we will just be praying for a safe and healthy delivery in May!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• plus, MANY MANY women have more than 3.... the risks do go up but death is only at like 1%, thats like walking in front of a car- anything "could" happen. This lady at my church has had 5 c-sections and will have 1 more.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Depends on how well you have healed and how your health is. I have had 4, but was advised not to have more after my 4th, but that is my body. I never had any problems with any pregnancies and my 4th one was a good one, but delivery caused issues and my Doctor told me that if I had gone into labor I would have ended up with an emergency hysterectomy. My daughter inhaled fluids that caused her to be in the NICU the first day, but she was great other than that. It is risky so talk with your Doctor first to make sure you can handle another pregnancy and c section.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 8:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I also had 2 c sections this would b my 3 rd one I was told more then 3 is very dangerous this would b my last one. At my second c section my doct told me I shouldn't have no more kids since she saw my uterus lining was too thin due to d first c section it all depends how ur body Heals mines didn't heals as properly so this one is a high risk pregnancy and I'm due to have d c section around my 8 th month I love kids and is gonna hurt me one day when all my babies r big and I won't get to experience all that again so I do understand u !! If u have experience a boy and girl already I say u shouldn't risk ur life no more I have 2 girls and hoping for d boy this time!! Best of luck!!
    May787

Answer by May787 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You could have many, but it's not so safe~

I would prefer a VBAC for this and future deliveries.
    Why not just choose this?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• like the other post i wouldnt go after 3, try vbac after this one!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 11:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• i know from what my doctors have told me that after 2 c-sections if you have any more thats what your 3rd will be also because the risks are alot dangerous of ripping your scar, but i havent been told no more kids and after my second i healed pretty quick so will see
    angelnina8715

Comment by angelnina8715 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2010