anyone know any grown man who is a Jr.. or the second & have a hard time still being called "junior" or "little"

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 7:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My youngest brother is a Second. My dad is Ron, my brother is Ronny. When he became an adult he informed me he is no longer Ronny, he is Ron. I told him, you will always be Ronny to me and Dad is Ron.

Answer by louise2 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My husband is called Junior (his name is Albert Junior and his father's name is Albert Harrison) because his mom thought that she had to do his name that way in order for it to count. As a result my eldest son was named Albert Junior the second (not by my choice but his bio-mom's I would have named him Albert Junior Jr. since his father isn't truely a Junior to his father). Things are confusing enough, but everyone on my husband's side of the family calls my eldest son Little Junior, my famil calls him Albert, and the bio-mom's family calls the boy AJ. My son has stated that he wants to be called Albert (hence why me and my family call him Albert) but no one else listens. And since my bio-son favors his brother and father so much my in-laws are even calling him a Little Junior (I swear those to boys could be twins in spite of the fact that they have different mothers). Don't know if it counts, but that's my experience with it.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 7:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Nope, but I am a female "junior" and I have hated it my entire life. Family and friends that have known me since childhood still call me "little Becky" I HATE it, and would never do that to my children. A name should be unique to every child. If you want to use a "family" name, save it for the middle and last name.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 7:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Just Harrison Ford "Raiders of the lost Ark"

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 8:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• my SO is a junior...everyone calls him little marlin or little shag because he is named marlin after his father and his fathers nickname is shag...he has no problem with it...he's actually quite proud.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• My older brother.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2010