did anyone have a hard time falling in love w/ a name when you were pregnant? im having the worst time w/ our first boy.. naming the girls was so much fun.. this is just so much stress for some reason :( anyone ever pick a name they ended up not liking?

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 7:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Baby Names

• I did, wound up letting my husband name our son, and when he wanted to name him after himself (this was our second son, not our first who was named after his father) I told him that he would have to think of something other than another Junior. He came up with Matthew, who is his favorite bible author, and Gregory after my favorite tv character ( I love love LOVE House).
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 7:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I really struggled...I had lists after lists of names. Our names for a girl were Edie Rose or Evie Rose. We kinda hoped we would have a girl as we were so sure of what we'd call her! But u/s said boy ..suddenly one of the names on our lists seemed to feel more appealing...so we've stuck with it for most of the pregnancy! We've discussed it a few times since, but im now nearing 34 wks and baby is still called Oliver.

You WILL find the perfect name....somtimes it just clicks and sticks!
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 7:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• We didnt have that issue. My hubby and I found and chose our names. Girl is Jenessa Brianne or Boy is named after my DH
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• im five months right now and at first my hubby and i had a hard time trying to think of a boys name because thats what we are having but after 5 months of thinking we came up with Sebastian...our previous child who is a girl was so fun and easy to pick a name for but for some reason it was hard for a boy...before looking at names look at the meaning of it and if u come accross something u love and u like the name with it then it will be easy
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• we had a girls name picked out pretty much ass soon as I peed on the stick lol but we found out I was having a boy and that was hard... we finally decided when I was about 8 months prego
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I had them picked out right away. I had a son and his name is Tyler...loved it the first time I heard it. If Tyler was a girl he would have been Baylee Nicole.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I think I changed the name of the baby every day until the last week lol
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We have ours picked out and we are still just ttc.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• We had a hard time picking out a boy name. I loved the name Aiden Allister and my husband didn't. He loved the name Ezra and I didn't. So we finally found a name that we both liked, Brayden Thomas. Thankfully our first turned out to be a girl because now I hate the name Brayden Thomas. Our daughter's name is Scarlett Abigial and I've loved it since high school. My husband loves it too, so we had no problems in the girl name department. We already have our second child's names picked out even though we aren't TTC. Oliver Liam for a boy and Olivia Eindy for a girl. They're both family names from our deceased loved ones.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2010

• not really but gl x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2010