What is a good way to keep your home clean?

I recieve no help from my family and never will until my son is able to comprehend he is too young right now. There are so many messes from indoor dogs (2) and a toddler and a husband who does nothing but work, hes old fashioned. How can i get back on track?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I wish I knew. My house always looks like a tornado hit. It's not nasty (no food on the floor or anything like that) but there is always clutter, and my baby will be crawling soon. I am sooooo stressed about it!
    Anonymous

• You need to call a family meeting. Then create a schedule with tasks that need to be done by everyone that they can check off afterwards. If your family does not help you, start taking privileges away. From your hubby, too. Tell him you will not make him dinner till he agrees to help you with the clean-ups. It will be hard to change your family's way now. You have probably waited too long. These things need to be part of your routine from day one as soon as the kids are able. You probably always knew your hubby would not help you much, but you still married him. Now, you are paying the price for enabling everybody. Be strong and put your foot down in a polite way.
    MomAgainAgain

Answer by MomAgainAgain at 6:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Here are some ideas: Everybody needs to put their own dirty laundry away. Put mail in one place. Get some pretty storage baskets and sort things so you can easily find them. Clear kitchen counters of clutter. Pick things up right away and do now let things pile up. Get everybody to help. Put dirty dishes in the dishwasher right away. Do a light overhaul of your bathroom by scrubbing the tub, sink and toilet bowl and cleaning the mirror over the sink. Wipe off the bathroom countertop. Use a cleaner on the faucets to make them shine. Get a mop out and do a quick cleaning of the floor. When there is so much dust that you can see it from a distance, dust! This would be the minimum, which will help you have a home that appears clean with out the effort of a major overhaul. Also, ask that people do not wear shoes inside. This will dramatically cut down on the dirt that finds its way into yoyur home. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
    MomAgainAgain

Answer by MomAgainAgain at 6:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• bow downMomAgainAgain - that answer rocks.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Get rid of the dogs for starters, and keep only a minimum of toys out and put the rest in boxes and away and change them out every week or two. If your kid is at least 18 months old they are old enough to help you "pick up" toys and things around the house. Make it fun.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I cant get rid of the dogs we just got one of them like less then a week ago. it is basicallly just clutter and dishes that i dread cause i do them by hand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2008