i m 15 weeks pregnant and today my doctor told me i have urine infection and she gave me nitrofur 100mg and she told me evrey things are normel .is the infection danger for my babie

nesma

Asked by nesma at 7:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am assuming you are asking if the medication is safe for the baby? Your doctor would NOT prescribe medication to you that you could not take unless it was safe for the baby. As for the Urinary Tract Infection, that will not affect the baby unless the infection is not treated, and you have medication to treat the infection. Good Luck.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 7:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• An untreated UTI can cause contractions in a pregnancy. As far as the drugs go, take them, your doctor would not give them to you if it would hurt your child.
    Also, don't believe in the old wives tale of treating it with juice, all that does is lower the acidity of the urine, it does nothing for the infection itself. To get rid of the bacteria treat it with the meds, that's why they are given out.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 7:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I had many many many uti/bladder infections during my pregnancy and i also had kidney stones...i was prescribed macrobid...nitrofur...and everything else...it is all completely safe for the baby but the only down side is that they cant make it as strong as if u werent pregnant so itll take a lil longer to workkk...hope u feel better!!!
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 7:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• A infection is dangerous but also normal during pregnancy that is why they always check the urine at every visit they check for infections and if so treat it before it gets worst!! Nothing to worry as long as u follow d instructions d doct gave u!! Best of luck!!
    May787

Answer by May787 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• thats what i was prescribed during my last, my baby is fine and healthy!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 11:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2010