My baby is 10 weeks old and I'm still feeling bummed out about everything with her and how much my life has changed...at this point it doesn't seem for the better, and even though I know it will get infinitely better, I am just sad and annoyed now. I have been checked for ppd and I don't have it, but I feel like this has passed the baby blues point. Anyone else feel like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would certainly ask for a second opinion because the feelings you are describing are very typical for PPD.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 7:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• what your describing is PPD ! if you checked already with your dr. & they said you don't change drs. because maybe your dr. rightnow doesnt really know the answer as you think he does.... you need medication possibly if your baby is already 10 wks old and your still feeling that way it's nothing to be embarrassed about i needed it with my 2nd child i was exactly like you and i switched drs. & sure enough i had PPD he even said he didnt know what the other dr was thinking those were clear signs of PPD ...
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 7:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I felt the same way you did and I had a mild case of ppd. I would get a second opinion.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• my sister felt exactly like that when she had her first baby, so i know your pain.
    desperatemom616

Answer by desperatemom616 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• I felt that way and still do if i am not on my antidepressants. you should get a second opinion because you shouldnt feel like that.
    deliamomma09

Answer by deliamomma09 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes, I had to get on meds. There is a history of depression with me though.You can insist on meds if you feel overwhelmed, it really has helped me. I hope you get better soon.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2010