Having a terrible cramp

I have been having a bad cramp in my lower right abdomen for about an hour. I am 13 weeks pregnant. I am not spotting. It is about a 4 on the pain scale, 1 being no pain and 10 being the worst. My OBGYN is on vacation, and I have never seen the other doctors in his office. Should I call the on call doctor to ask them about it?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 7:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had severe cramping early on and come to find out it was really really bad gas! once i got used to the prenatal vitamins and started eating more foods with fiber and got the constipation issue under control i felt so much better. sometimes still if i have to go to the bathroom i will get bad cramps. but, i would definatly call someone if they are terribly uncomfortable-better to be safe than sorry! good luck!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You can do that or call the labor and delivery and talk to a nurse. If you are bleeding then you should go up to the E.R. It could most likely be where the baby is at but you should call someone to be sure. Good luck
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• i would call somebody to be safe they might want you to come in and get hooked up to machines or just check you out make sure everything is ok!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 11:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2010