My 5 year old like to hide under the bed and takes her toys there to play. She Also likes to make a bed and hide in the closet. Sometimes she changes her clothes in those places too.....Is this Normal? Should I be concern? Is it because she is an only child?

Mamimia2

Asked by Mamimia2 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wouldn't be concerned- I myself did this a lot as a child. As to whether it's because she's an only child, I don't know... although I was until I was 9.

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• She's just making forts it's totally normal
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 7:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Its called an imagination momma!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Yes is normal they like to play pretend at that age and making there own clubhouses or secret places r there thing now, my daughter does it all the time !!
    May787

Answer by May787 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• It is just them being a kid. I remember when I was little I loved to make tents or just hang out in unusual places as well. My lil sisters done this as well. perfectly normal & nothing to worry about dear :)
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 11:43 PM on Dec. 25, 2010