For a Grandpa.....for Christmas....it's not too late

I don't know where else to post this, so if it should be moved.....or not allowed I am sure CM moderators will move it accordingly. 

A friend of mine just told mea few minutes ago, that she posted on Craigslist, asking people  if they would be kind enough to send her Father a Christmas card. That breaks my heart. She said he has already gotten 3 cards from the surrounding area from some nice people whom wrote something to cheer him up. 

I've known her Father and her family for over 35 years. ( We're 48 ) And it's tough to see her always worry about her father.

And her Father,  just a few years younger than my own Father with many health issues and going from being a very independent man,  to being partially incapacitated in a nursing home, paralyzed  on one side, dependent upon others now. All within a years time. 

It would mean alot to Mr. H, and my best friend, if  any of you could send a Christmas card out to her father. 

I realize it IS a short notice......but it is the thought that counts and a sweet gesture on your part to do...for a Grandfather! 

You can say it's from "Anita's friend on Cafe Mom" ...that's fine...or your screen name here. You don't have to put a return address......personally.....I wouldn't!!  For security reasons I definitely understand that.

So the screen name you use is perfect.....this way she can let me know too, and I can thank you.....or perhaps she will join Cafe Mom, when time allows to get on here to thank you herself.

Please......if you are able to......send Mr. H a card.

Here is the link to her posting on Craigs List : http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/vol/2096100399.html

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 7:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh that is sweet. I will try.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2010